Sunday, April 7, 2019

Fruits and Blooms

FRUITS AND BLOOMS. April 2019, The Frame Dubai
The fruits and blooms that surround me remind me of the bountiful blessings that I have been receiving in recent years. I especially thank God for giving me a stable career that is highly-cherished, admired, and respected, and can make me earn several times more than I could be getting in my home country.
“I may not have everything I want, but I have everything I need.” And maybe much more than that because of the things and opportunities that have been making my life a bit more lavish and convenient, compared to my contemporaries. I thank God for my Son who has been constantly making me proud, despite my very minimal presence and guidance. He is a consistent honor and a model student; I am far from being a model Mom. I thank God for my life-long partner. My husband may not be perfect, but he is perfect for me. He has saved me from loneliness and has always been my strength and motivator. I was orphaned quite early and that thought makes me feel sad periodically, but the presence of my husband and the solid support of my family members in my home country and across the globe fill whatever void and longing I have inside my heart for my Mom and Dad.

I certainly get upset and wronged too, you know, as I have some goals I feel I have to achieve, but my hands are tied; I feel rushed to strike when the iron is hot, but the sand in the hourglass is getting dissipated at such a fast rate--I am afraid I cannot keep up with it. And when things do not go my way, I just look at the fruits and blooms, and I smile with a grateful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reactions, corrections, suggestions are all welcome. :)