Friday, July 13, 2012

Are You Really Hot?


"Are you really hot? ”  asked my chat mate.


In what sense? ”  I reciprocated the question.
                                                  

Why the name HotMumma? ” he became straightforward.


When I chat to any man first time, the above lines are often introductory, more than the “Hi”, more than the “asl/nasl”.   I feel obliged to explain.  I try to be prudent.  I try to be neither offensive, nor defensive.


It is a profile name given to me by my students.” my voice was monotonous.  He awaits some more. He awaits the real explanation his ears want to hear.  He finds my explanation implausible.
                                                                  

Okay, I am sultry and smoldering.”  I sneered at my immodesty.  Not surprisingly, he is satisfied.


Being hot need not to have sexual overtone all the time.  Why can’t we appreciate the undertone of it– being warm, nurturing and caring?  HotMumma means the woman of the moment.  It’s a profile name that is meant to empower, not to obliterate.  Dirty minds can always paint a white wall gray, and a gray wall black.  I am not saying I am goody-goody.  Spare me this profile name and I’ll be happy.


“Are you really hot?”


“Not just hot, I am flaming!”



***
(First posted on 27th July 2009 in another site, and with a total view of 1,240 till date of re-posting.)

2 comments:

Reactions, corrections, suggestions are all welcome. :)