Monday, October 1, 2012

Puerto Princesa Underground River

Photographs preceding and proceeding the text are author's own snaps.

"I have just found a gold in my own backyard,"  that is how I would describe my family and I's recent discovery of an enchanting site located just south-west of my country.

My sister and I initially had jitters giving in to my Dad's request of visiting that site.  What with the overspending than the allotted budget that we had in Hongkong that nearly got me and my sister begging that no hidden charges by the tour agent would soon crack up, hence making our Hongkong visit a less enjoyable one.

My Dad has always been nationalistic and updated of what is going on and off my country.  He's the brain behind convincing the entire family to fly south and check the most-talked, most-beamed longest Underground River in the world.

And we were indeed fascinated.  There is something enchanting about the place, some form of charm that will give you the instant feeling of connection.  Daddy knows best and we never regretted any single minute of the experience, much less having regretted supporting a tourist spot of our own.  Nearly two hours of land transfer, 45-minute boat ride to the island, abundance of wandering monkeys and bayawak (monitor lizard) at the site are a plus to the enriching experience of finding a gold in my own backyard.

Update: Puerto Princesa Underground River was enlisted as one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Reactions, corrections, suggestions are all welcome. :)